At 11:05 AM 7/19/2002 -0400, you wrote:

Hi everyone,

At first I want to say thanks for all the great ideas and recommendations I ve been receiving. Subscribing to the list made me more excited with TMS and grateful, knowing that I m not the only one struggling and having to reinvent the wheel.

What I wanted to know is, when loading the media files in TMS, what resolution are you using?, what is recommended. Right now I m using a Sony digital camera 4.1 megapixel. The pictures I take the imagesize is 1600x1200. With te possibilitie of even bigger to 2272x1704 in JPEG.  Then I download them on the Imagedrive in a temporary folder, where they get a new filename. What I am doing is give them a filename same as the objectnumber with an extension -1, -2, -3.  Right now I m thinking about Dave s experience with this way of filing the images. We may have to change it, and use another filesystem [anyone with more experience on this matter?] Putting all the images on a CD is an idea to seriously consider. Now how high is the resolution you are using?

Another thing we are considering is to put in front of the object a Coin or a Measure, to give an idea of the dimensions of the object, I personally don t think it looks nice on the picture [any suggestions?].

Media module. Help with the child rendition . I still don t get it how it s done, and how it will be displayed.

Regards,

Lida Pandt

Collection Manager

National Archeological Anthropological Museum

Of the Netherlands Antilles

De Rouvilleweg 7

5999-4621933 / 4621934

5999-4621936 fax

I will be out of the office the week of 8 July on vacation.
I will be out of the office the week of 15 July on business.
Please leave a voice mail message at the number listed below.
I will not be checking email.
Thank you.

L.Lynne Addison
Associate Registrar