Hi everyone,

At first I want to say thanks for all the great ideas and recommendations I’ve been receiving. Subscribing to the list made me more excited with TMS and grateful, knowing that I’m not the only one struggling and having to reinvent the wheel.

What I wanted to know is, when loading the media files in TMS, what resolution are you using?, what is recommended. Right now I’m using a Sony digital camera 4.1 megapixel. The pictures I take the imagesize is 1600x1200. With te possibilitie of even bigger to 2272x1704 in JPEG.  Then I download them on the Imagedrive in a temporary folder, where they get a new filename. What I am doing is give them a filename same as the objectnumber with an extension -1, -2, -3.  Right now I’m thinking about Dave’s experience with this way of filing the images. We may have to change it, and use another filesystem [anyone with more experience on this matter?] Putting all the images on a CD is an idea to seriously consider. Now how high is the resolution you are using?

Another thing we are considering is to put in front of the object a Coin or a Measure, to give an idea of the dimensions of the object, I personally don’t think it looks nice on the picture [any suggestions?].

Media module. Help with the ‘child rendition’. I still don’t get it how it’s done, and how it will be displayed.

Regards,

Lida Pandt

Collection Manager

National Archeological Anthropological Museum

Of the Netherlands Antilles

De Rouvilleweg 7

5999-4621933 / 4621934

5999-4621936 fax