From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Laurie Soures
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 12:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: constituents with only one name

Hi.

We are wondering how other institutions handle constituents with only one name.  IE "Nadar"  "Weegee" "Giotto".  Are they individuals or institutions?  If individuals, then which field gets the name... first name, last name or both (considering the search implications)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Laurie Soures

Manager of Web Development and Information Systems

George Eastman House

Rochester, NY