We are trying to figure out a way to flag objects as do-not-lend in TMS.  We are contemplating two options – one being a status flag, and the other is renaming a check box at the top of the data entry screen that we currently do not use.  Our issues with both have to do with visibility.  With the status flag, we don’t want to advertise this flag to all our TMS users, and I can’t restrict viewing for only one flag.  With the check box solution, while I do have more security options, we’re concerned that they are too invisible up there.  Plus there is the issue of whether or not we want to commandeer one for a new purpose – something that I want to think through before we do.

How do others flag do-not-lend works?  Is there another solution that I haven’t thought of?

Thank you,

Ella Rothgangel

Collections Database Administrator

Saint Louis Art Museum