Hello Jonathan:

Here's how we handle this at the Harn:

Both the owner and the third party lender would have their single
constituent records added.
Both constituents would then be linked to the object record as "Object
Related" Constituents.
When adding the owner in the "cross reference information" box, his/her roll
is described as "Owner".
When adding the third party lender in the "cross reference information" box,
their roll can be described as either "Lender" or "Owner's Agent" depending
on the nuances of the arrangement.

This way all parties will show up on the constituents list displayed in the
object record with their appropriate rolls, and no need for double
constituent entries.

Let me know if I can explain our system better, or if you have any
questions.

Regards,

Anita E. Heggli
Exhibits Registrar