From: Heggli, Anita [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 08 June 2004 17:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Objects lent through a 3rd party

Hello Jonathan:

Here's how we handle this at the Harn:

Both the owner and the third party lender would have their single constituent records added.
Both constituents would then be linked to the object record as "Object Related" Constituents.
When adding the owner in the "cross reference information" box, his/her roll is described as "Owner".
When adding the third party lender in the "cross reference information" box, their roll can be described as either "Lender" or "Owner's Agent" depending on the nuances of the arrangement.

This way all parties will show up on the constituents list displayed in the object record with their appropriate rolls, and no need for double constituent entries

Let me know if I can explain our system better, or if you have any questions.

Regards,

Anita E. Heggli
Exhibits Registrar
Harn Museum of Art