Dear TMS Users,

We have a problem that came up when we upgraded our server from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003.  All of our users hook up to the database via Microsoft Remote Desktop from various locations -- their homes and offices as well as museums and galleries where they are gathering data.  It has been proven to be an effective approach.  However, because of some annoying problems with the way Server 2000 issues terminal services licenses (and then refuses to release them for re-use as our people sign on from different locations) we have had to upgrade to 2003.  The licensing problem seems to be solved, but another issue has arisen.

Remote Desktop connections in Server 2003 don't handle the "large font" desktop settings in the same way as Server 2000.  Most of the TMS forms depend on "large fonts" to decide how much of the screen to occupy.  We have been unable to find the setting that will convince TMS that the screen is actually 1024x768 and the fonts are large.  The result is that the forms only occupy part of the screen and are aligned upper left.  If TMS is run on the console, the screens are all fine.  It is only via Remote Desktop that the problem occurs.

We hope someone out there has run into this and solved it.

Dick Grant

Richard Grant
The Richard Diebenkorn Catalogue Raisonné Project
3200 College Avenue #2
Berkeley, CA 94705
510-428-1400