From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carole Campbell
Sent: 24 October 2006 18:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TMS Rights & Repro

Hi Chrisy,

We track Rights & Reproductions for loans and exhibitions slightly different.  Loan Agreements are passed to our Rights & Reproductions registrar, if the conditions are the general and apply every time we borrow from that lender, the data is placed in Constituents under a Text Entry.  If the rights are specific to a loan or exhibition, it is placed in Loans under a Text Entry.  If we gets rights for a specific object, we will enter that data under the Rights & Reproductions screen using the term Reproduction rather than Copyright.  We only have the two terms: Copyright and Reproduction.

All request for reproduction of loans go through our office so we don't need to mark the Object records.

Thanks.
Carole.

>>> On Tuesday, October 24, 2006 at 10:02 AM, Chrisy Ledakis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks for this information Carol. I'd also like to know how you track permissions received for specific projects, as this will end up being a running list. Also, how do you use the Object Rights Type drop-down field?

Thank you.

Chrisy Ledakis
Records Manager and Collections Review Coordinator
Brooklyn Museum
200 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, New York 11238
718-501-6483