Dear TMSers-

At PMA we have set up TMS so that curators create the initial object and shipment records for incoming objects, and then produce printed expects for the registrars.  Then the registrars take over and arrange for the physical shipping and produce the receipts. After the objects get here, both curators and registrars use the records to produce committee and museum board reports, deeds of gifts, and so on, until the objects are fully accessioned, and thereafter.  As you might imagine, training in proper data entry is an ongoing task. To this end, Jessica Milby, our excellent TMS data standards administrator, has recently produced a pretty amazing chart that I thought you would all appreciate.  It graphically illustrates just which fields need to filled in so that the various reports can do their jobs.  We are in hopes that this chart, along with some step-by-step instructions, will help eliminate some of the problems.

Happy Halloween,
Jenny

Jenny Wilker, Ph.D.
Manager, Collection Information