Original message from Melissa Gill, Registrar of the Microsoft Art Collection to the RCAAM list serv

Melissa Gill (Artech) [[log in to unmask]]

Tom Yarker

Smithsonian Institution

National Air and Space Museum

Collections Information Service

202.633.2381

I am a new member to the RCAAM list. We are working on creating a new database platform this year with a software development team. I've been researching and have found that a majority of museums integrate Crystal Reports with their database systems. Can anyone help clarify the uses and advantages of Crystal Reports? Due to the fact that we work at Microsoft, we cannot use third party software; however Microsoft does have a similar product. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again!

Melissa

Registrar

Microsoft Art Collection