From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James McGregor
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Large scale object moves - tracking of objects

Dear TMS Users

Large scale object moves

We’re just about to embark on the packing of some 15,000 objects (Fine and Decorative Arts) from our Museum for major re-building work which will last for some 2 years.

I wonder if anyone has advice on a location structure for tracking object moves – ie crate numbering, global object moves etc.The aim is to use TMS as the primary authority for all packing and moves during this period – we still have outgoing loans during the closure period so I’m obviously keen to be able to track all objects at all times.

If you have gone through a large move any advice as to a workable location structure and best practice for object tracking etc would be very gratefully received either on or off list.

Regards

James McGregor

Keeper of Fine and Decorative Art

www.cecilhigginsartgallery.org