Linda, I’m SO glad to hear that you have done this successfully!

We just tentatively started doing the same thing for crates, and were going to start doing it for frames as well.  I was feeling a bit guilty as it seemed like a cop out and not using TMS the way that Gallery had designed it.  Previously we had been linking those things as components, but this was screwing up location reports and not being as helpful as possible.

When you make a record for a crate, do you only make that record, or do you also make a crate record in the shipping module?  If you have an exhibition record, do you also link your crate records up to the exhibition as well as the objects?

Thanks!

David

David Aylsworth
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston