In TMS, I want to start consistently capturing designations used in our Americas department such as Mesoamerica, Andes, Caribbean, etc.  These terms are both geographic and stylistic.  I’m looking at using either the geography fields (which are free-text), Attributes, or possibly object-related constituents.  [Object-related constituents are currently being used by my Museum for both cultures (such as Aztec) and dynasties (such as Ming)].  I think any of these choices may work, but wanted to hear how others have captured/cataloged terms like Mesoamerica and Andes.  Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ella

Ella Rothgangel

Collections Database Administrator

Saint Louis Art Museum

One Fine Arts Drive, Forest Park

St. Louis, Missouri  63110

telephone 314.655.5408  facsimile 314.721.6172