well. there is a rather hidden function in photoshop, ( I really suggest you use Photoshop )
File meny > Automate > fit image  ... and you could set the amount of pixels you need for correct resolution.

hope that this will help
Albin MM Sweden

Från: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] För Suzanne Quigley
Skickat: den 22 augusti 2007 17:00
Till: [log in to unmask]
Ämne: image scaling?

Hi all,

I'm working on creating a fact sheet to 'print out' as a pdf.

Using crystal 11.

Here is the rub.  My 3300+ images range between 100KB and 4MB.

Have any of you found a way to dynamically adjust the scaling of an image depending on its file size?

Thanks for any little pointers (or big ones!)

Suzanne Quigley

"hep me, hep me, I just can't hep myself"
James Brown