TMS Users-

Our museum is beginning discussions on digitizing our object files in
the registration department.  I am very excited about this idea, but not
the idea of manually attaching each of the scanned files into TMS.  Is
there an easy back-end way to batch upload these files to the objects
module?  And if so, is there a naming standard for the files that would
make an upload like this easier? Currently we are thinking "object
number- type of file", an example would be SN1-lit (for object number
SN1 and lit for literature).

We are still in the discussion stages of this project, but any advice
about this type of project is helpful. There is a potential for hundreds
of files that need attaching so I want a realistic idea from the
standpoint of TMS.

Thanks for you help!
Ashley

Ashley Burke
Assistant Registrar
The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
941-359-5700 ex. 1504
www.ringling.org

Now Showing
Francisco Goya: los Caprichos
September 29, 2007-January 6, 2008

Cuba Avant-Garde: Contemporary Cuban Art from the Farber Collection
October 6 - December 30, 2007

This e-mail is subject to the Sunshine Act and its contents may be
subject to public disclosure.