Von: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Denise Mackenzie
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2008 00:38
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: Streamlining Media object entry & linking

Hi the following software was supplied by Gallery Systems for TMS and is used for batch uploading and thumb nailing our collection objects

MediaImport3.exe
BatchThumbnailer.exe

We can upload images into the Object Module of TMS without any problems.  Noting that the image name must be exactly the same as the object number, eg. 00039 (object) and 00039.jpg (image).  If we have multiple images the media import enables a strip eg. _ to be used. For example, 00039_1.jpg

We just set up a series of folders on the dedicated path for images so that loading and maintaining the files is manageable.

What I am having problem with is being able to use this software for batch uploading to the conservation media card.  We are currently up loading one-by-one.  Does anyone have a solution for the conservation media and Constituents?

Regards

Denise

Denise MacKenzie
Managing Registrar, Collection Database
and Documentation
Australian National Maritime Museum
GPO Box 5131
Sydney  NSW  2001
Telephone:  61 2 9298 3737
Facsimile:  61 2 9298 3780
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.anmm.gov.au

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/17/08 8:07 am >>>

Quick note – hope this is not too obvious a comment, but be sure your configuration is set to automatically create the thumbnail – before we hit upon this “choice,” tedious was the very word!

In the Image Folder of the Config interface: Thumbnail.Default.AutoCreate needs to be set to “1” – then you need to make sure all your other Thumbnail options are set for your preferences (compression, path, et cetera). We have a complex folder hierarchy for large-sized jpg images, but use a single folder/path for all thumbnails – we have found no reason to make a parallel hierarchy for thumbnails to date.

Jennifer W. Smith

J Whitley Smith Consulting -- Art Catalogues and Collection Imaging

715 Lake Street, Suite 500

Oak Park, IL 60301

(708) 445-9101