Hi all,

With a steady stream of digital images coming from our photography
department, collections inventory team, collection cataloguing, and
exhibition planning, we have developed procedures to load images into
TMS on a weekly basis. We average around 700 images added/week, using
the following:

1. Photoshop to batch process images to our standard size for TMS (300
dpi; longest side 8 inches).
2. TMS 'convert images' to create network thumbnails for submitted
images.
3. iView to extract metadata from submitted images.
4. Excel for staff members to add public caption and media view
information.
5. Media Loader to add the images to TMS.
6. Thumbnailer to create the database-internal thumbnails, which we use
for most Crystal Reports.

It's a bit of a process, but the labor is divided amongst various staff
members at each of the various stages and the process overall saves us
countless man-hours. Our naming convention for collection images begins
with the TMS object number followed by an underscore. This allows for,
amongst other things, a formula in Excel to extract the object number
from the file name into the object number column. Most of this is fairly
extensively documented - let me know if you're interested in more
details. I love talking image management!

Jeri