Hello all,

Would anyone like to share their best practices for loaning out, or exhibiting, 1 component within an object record? For example, loaning out only the teapot from a tea set, where each piece of the set is defined as a component within the tea set object record. Our current cataloguing practices do not seem to allow this kind of component/object separation for the purposes of loans, exhibitions, etc. using the TMS linking assistants. We use TMS 9.2.

Perhaps the only answer is simply to avoid creating components for sets where loans like this are a possibility, but I’m curious to know how others have approached this.

Many thanks,

Ariana

--
Ariana French