Blank

I am very interested in hearing from any institutions that have a Data Standards Manager as part of their staff.  I’m trying to push through getting BOTH a TMS Administrator as well as a Data Standards Manager.  Admittedly they would work together very closely, but I’ve begun thinking that it is justifiable to have a separate person who can hash out the standards for our institution and see that they come into line with other institutions, letting the TMS Administrator focus on the functionality of the system.

Am I dreaming too big or too small?  How does such a person start?  How much of a Nazi do they need to be?  Any advice or comments would be appreciated…

Thanks,

David

David Aylsworth
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston