Hello all,

We have two users with new Dell laptops who have each been having chronic issues with TMS 9.20: slowness, crashing, hanging, etc. They are in different buildings, and both used wired Ethernet to connect to TMS on Windows XP systems (w/latest patches, etc.). No other users in our gallery (or in their buildings) have the same problems. Other software operates just fine, and they don't report problems connecting to email, the web, and so on.

After months of troubleshooting, we have found that changing or exiting the Windows firewall software offers a mild improvement, to the point where our 2 users can use TMS with reasonable speed.

My questions for everyone: Have you experienced similar issues with TMS on new (or Dell) machines? Are there any specific firewall or network tips that have worked for you in narrowing down connection issues in TMS?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Ariana

--
Ariana French