Hello everyone!

I'm running into one of those quirky TMS/Crystal Report issues.  I've
posted this question in the Crystal Report forums and am also putting it
up here in the hopes that some of you might have already resolved this
issue.

I have a checklist report that is grouped by section/case number.  When
I run the report without any criteria defined in the Report Sort Expert
it returns 110 objects.  When I sort by a database field in the RSE it
returns 110 objects.  When I sort by the following formula in the RSE it
returns 111 objects.

If {?SortOrder} = 'CL' then {Objects.CreditLine} else

If {?SortOrder} = 'Name' then {Constituents.LastName} else

If {?SortOrder} = 'Title' then {Objects.Title} else

If {?SortOrder} = 'Date' then {Objects.Dated} else

{Objects.ObjectNumber}

At this point I know just enough to be dangerous but not enough to
figure out why sorting by the formula causes one of the records to
duplicate.  The record that duplicates is from our permanent collection
and has been in multiple exhibitions.  The issue does not seem to be
related to the grouping because if I remove the group, the report still
exhibits the same behavior.  Any suggestions?

David Armstrong

Database Administrator

MOCA  THE MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART