From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Moxley, Jeri
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mis-using Exhibition or loans module

Hi David,

I imagine the concern here is for security - wanting to keep the proposed list of deaccessions under wraps - which you can't do with Object Packages.

I see 4 good options:

1. Use Object Packages and give them names that wouldn't tip users off to what they really are.

2. Use the Exhibitions module and create a TMS Department that only the concerned parties would have rights to, assigning the exhibition record(s) to that department.

3. Use Designer Forms and the extra fields presented there to record information on the proposed deaccessions - you have drop-down authorities, dates, short and long text that can be configured and secured to the appropriate users only.

4. Use the deaccessioning screen with a 'proposed...' disposition. Your staff would need to query for all works with that entry to run reports.

I haven't actually done any of these, but they all seem they'd work! Just take care to balance their needs with yours (esp. for those options that require fiddling with security settings!).

Jeri

Jeri L. Moxley
Manager, Collection and Exhibition Technologies
Collection Management and Exhibition Registration
THE MUSEUM OF MODERN ART
11 West 53rd Street, New York, NY 10019
T:  212.708.9599  I  F: 212.333.1102  I  [log in to unmask]
PPlease consider the environment before printing this email.