Hi Everyone,

On numerous occasions, I have successfully edited/updated fields using
the following query (thanks to Luc Bissonnette's example for updating
the credit line):

update objects

set CreditLine = 'Credit Line Text Here'

where ObjectID in (select ObjectID from dbo.ObjPkgList where
ObjectPackageID = "the ObjectPackageID of the object package that
includes the records to be updated")

This, of course, assumes that the field will be updated with a single
value.  Would anyone be willing to share a query for updating fields
with variable values (for example, if I want to update the Object Name
for a group of records where the object name is different for every
ObjectID)?  I've tried several queries, none successfully.

We have an almost empty database so I can't do much damage, but I am
looking to populate fields in skeleton records with data provided by our
curators in flat files.

Thanks!

Sharon Aponte Misdea

Registrar