Bonjour,

One of our curators send me this question.

Does your institution use TMS to describe and manage software that are to be used to “read” digital files?  If yes, how do you describe the software in TMS? We are thinking of software like AutoDesk Maya and AutoCAD. We are actually working on a digital 3D architectural archives. In our conservation strategies, we plan to store software used to open 3D files at the same level than the 3D files. Please not that the software it is not a part of the 3D archives we have received but it is definitely indispensable to have and to keep the software accessible to ensure the access of the 3D archives.

Thank you for your help.

Romain Guedj

Restaurateur / Service à la collection

Centre Canadien d'Architecture

1920, rue Baile, Montréal H3H 2S6

tel: 514 939 7000 (1204)

Luc Bissonnette

Bibliothécaire des systèmes/Systems Librarian

Centre Canadien d'Architecture/Canadian Center for Architecture

Montréal, Québec

H3H 2S6

Téléphone: 514-939-7001 #2616

Télécopieur: 514-939-7020