I had just enough luck with the custom form designer to feel cocky
enough to think I could tackle the list view designer too.  But it looks
so much harder than the form designer!

I have a user who wanted me to add the credit line to a list view so
that she could export it easier to Excel and sort it by donor.  My
initial look at the designer and instructions for playing with the
designer don't immediately tell me that I can add fields to it.  It
looks like I can re-direct the list view to make it return different
data, but I'd have to know the field and column number.  Am I reading
that wrong?

If you guys tell me that I am reading this wrong (admittedly, I'm only
skimming...) I'll take more time and try to teach myself how to do it.
If it's not possible, though, I'd appreciate your telling me not to
waste the time...

Have any of you made custom list views?  Is it as complicated as it
looks?

I feel incredibly lazy even posting this, but since I have so little
shame left...

Thanks,
David

David Aylsworth