From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christine Droll
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Crossing Department lines

David,

I suppose the first consideration is which department has jurisdiction over the object.  If only one department is responsible (for making decisions about acquiring, lending, or deaccessioning), then that would be the “Department” field in the Objects module.

If this is not the case, and if two (or more?) departments lay claim to such decisions, then how do you indicate whose decision trumps whom?

Christine

Christine Droll

Collections Database Administrator

The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art