We are in the process of creating virtual objects for portfolios of prints in our collection and linking those virtual objects to the individual prints, which are already catalogued. My question is regarding the numbering of the portfolio/virtual object. In some cases, we received prints from a portfolio at different times and through different donors/donations. Therefore, the prints have different accession numbers. If I want to create a virtual object for a portfolio that is linked to prints that have different accession numbers, how do I number the portfolio/virtual object? Has anyone dealt with this dilemma before and have any suggestions?

Melisa :O)

Melisa Lujan

Assistant Registrar

El Museo del Barrio