I’m evaluating the way we document parts of objects in TMS.  There are two ways of doing this – using the component function, or creating relationships (parent-child) between object records.  Of particular concern for us are the implications each method has for shipping and loans.  If anyone out there would be willing to share their experiences using either method, and the pros and cons of their chosen method of cataloging and tracking parts, it would be a tremendous help.

Many thanks,
Amber

the warhol:
Amber E. Morgan
Associate Registrar
117 Sandusky Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
T 412.237.8306
F 412.237.8340
E [log in to unmask]
W www.warhol.org

The Andy Warhol Museum
One of the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh

Email newsletter http://members.carnegiemuseums.org/email
Membership http://members.carnegiemuseums.org/SupportCMP