Bonjour!

At the National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution we use the following fields.

Object Status                 Deaccessioned

Published Reference     Note deaccession memo and date, destruction memo and date

Current Location          Site Other            Subsite  Deaccessioned           SubLevel          Destroyed

In the Deaccession & Disposal pull down menu we create a new Deaccession Record with approval dates and fill in the Disposition Method as Destroyed.

This allows us several ways of searching and sorting this type of information.

Natalie

Natalie Rjedkin Lee

Registrar

National Air and Space Museum

Smithsonian Institution

Independence Avenue at Sixth Street, S.W.

MRC 310 PO Box 37012

Washington, DC 20013-7012

Tel:       202.633.2384

Fax:      202.786.2113