From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryan McDade
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 2:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Inventory in Location & Movement

Good Afternoon,

I am in the process of conducting inventory at our collections management facility [storage].  I want to confirm the location of items by using the “Record Physical Inventory” process under the Inventory/Location & Movement Screen.  This will work.  However, when I review this process under the “Location History,” the “Purpose” column has a default value that I cannot change.  Somehow it is set to Exhibit.  So as I conduct the inventory of our storage, the purpose will show that it was for an Exhibit.

I have set up several options under the “Location Purposes” [Maintenance/Authorities/Others/Location Purposes] such as Conservation, Storage, Exhibit, Loan, etc.  When I choose to do a Move, or Quick Move, I can change the purpose to one of these options.  However, I have not been able to change the purpose when trying to use the inventory procedure—it seems like it has defaulted to Exhibit.

Is there a way to change the “Purpose” when using the Inventory process?  I am fairly new to TMS, so this may be an easy fix that I have missed.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Bryan D. McDade

Curator of Collections

Mosaic Templars Cultural Center

501 West Ninth Street • Little Rock, Arkansas  72201

Office: (501) 683-6278 •  Museum: (501) 683-3593

Fax: (501) 682-5866

Email: [log in to unmask]

Visit Online: www.mosaictemplarscenter.com