Thanks Jeffrey!  That’s a really interesting spin on the situation… Once we get it written, I like that approach.

Of course, at this rate, by the time I have this written for us, we may be using mind melds to communicate the information, so there won’t be any need for a plugin…

Thanks, though.  I really appreciate your input.

David

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Smith, Jeffrey
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 3:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Data Standards Manual

I have found it immensly useful to create the Freer-Sackler manual as web pages within a simple frameset. This allows me to offer them throughout TMS via the plugin feature. I just create a plugin called "Database Standards" and link it to the main index page. As things shift, or new data elements come into play, I update the various pages. Each page has the date it was last updated at the top.

This way it's always available & folks have no excuse not to consult it. It even runs inside of Citrix, for those working at home.