From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeanne Noonan
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 11:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Post TMS Conversion Media Help

Hello-

Forgive me if I post about a subject that has been discussed too much previously, but I’m relatively new to the listserv and brand new to TMS and was hoping for a little guidance!

We’ve just completed our conversion to TMS (from Argus) and just finished training. We have a number of media issues, and I was hoping someone could respond (off list if you prefer) about how you handled media within TMS after your conversion.

We have about 50,000 images currently in TMS that came directly from Argus, but they aren’t the size or resolution we need.

I’ve talked to a few of you already about this issue. I’m just wondering how you might have handled “fixing” the images that were converted over. At this point, we have a general idea of what to do with new media, but not many ideas for existing images. We’re trying to come up with a good workflow so that we can remedy this issue.

Also, does anyone have a good system for rendition numbers?

Thank you!

Jeanne

Jeanne Noonan

Collections Database Manager