Hello,

I know that copyright is a sticky subject so Ill stay away from the legal questions. However, I am wondering if anyone can share with me who is responsible for completing and keeping up-to-date the Copyright field in Object records in TMS in your institutions (e.g. the Registrar, Curators, a special Copyright officer)?

Does anyone have notifications that run to inform you of when an object may have entered into the public domain (e.g. when you’ve reached X number of years after the date of a photograph; or X years after the death of an artist)?

We are trying to better manage this information for online catalogue purposes and are currently developing our procedures.

Please feel free to respond off-list at [log in to unmask]. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Alexis Lenk

Coordonnatrice, Documentation des Collections

Centre Canadian dArchitecture

Montréal, Québec

(514) 939-7000 ext. 1520