Hi Dorothy,

If you can't get your hands on a full-fledged application / database that handles these requests, I might recommend a form / email solution.

We have a very easy-to-use form builder called MachForm, I think it was 20 or 40 bucks, that allows you to easily create and host forms on your website.  Your staff can fill out the form, and have it emailed to whoever you like.

You might even find it easier to manage this type of thing through email rather than an application.  The drawback is that it doesn't exist in a database system where you can manipulate the data and create reports, but that doesn't seem like such a big deal.  You can also create filters in your email to automatically put all these requests in a separate folder from your inbox, just to make management of the requests easier.

Chris
--
Chris Scrofani
Honolulu Academy of Arts

Dorothy Davila wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Dear colleagues,

As our museum moves away from a model where curatorial staff manage their own storage spaces to one where Collections Management facilitates access to storage, we have begun to look about for an existing work flow application to integrate with our TMS database. Ideally this application would facilitate art handling requests, formalizing the process beyond email/phone calls/hallway conversations to provide our curatorial and conservation staff with a user-friendly solution for their requests. Specifically we envision staff using the application to refer to TMS object packages when making requests for object movement/installation/mounts/study appointments, etc. Requests would trigger email(s) to the appropriate staff and create a secure, manageable list with deadlines for our chief preparator to oversee. Does anyone have any recommendations for an out-of-the-box or home grown system that they would be willing to share? We would be most grateful!

Best wishes,

Dorothy Dávila
Associate Registrar for Collections
617-495-0474 direct