Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can share how they treat recto/verso objects in TMS (e.g. two drawings – one on each side of a single sheet of paper). We have done it a few different ways and are looking to standardize our rules if possible.

Does anyone use: a single record with the information for both drawings crammed in? components? two separate records linked together (or to a third parent r/v record)?

The advantages to having 2 distinct records seems to be better management of the cataloguing data of each drawing, with the ability to attach specific images to that data. The advantages to having a single record seem to be better management of conservation reports, managing locations and loans, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Alexis Lenk

Coordonnatrice, Documentation des collections

Centre Canadian d’Architecture

Montréal, Québec

(514) 939-7000 ext. 1520