From: Alexis Lenk <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:13:54 AM
Subject: Recto/Verso Objects

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can share how they treat
recto/verso objects in TMS (e.g. two drawings – one on each side of a
single sheet of paper). We have done it a few different ways and are looking to
standardize our rules if possible.

Does anyone use: a single record with the information for
both drawings crammed in? components? two separate records linked together (or
to a third parent r/v record)?

The advantages to having 2 distinct records seems to be
better management of the cataloguing data of each drawing, with the ability to
attach specific images to that data. The advantages to having a single record
seem to be better management of conservation reports, managing locations and
loans, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Alexis Lenk
Coordonnatrice, Documentation des