Hello,

I have a few exhibition related questions today that I am hoping someone has thoughts on:

1)      We are currently working on an upcoming loan to another TMS-using institution. A CCA Exhibitions staff member was wondering if anyone has ever tried migrating certain fields from their TMS, to another institutions’, so as not to double all of the data entry at the host institution? I imagine field mapping might be a problem, but for fields like Object Number, Title, Date, etc., it might not be a bad idea if it could be done easily. Has anyone ever attempted it?

2)      When you have an exhibition that includes an object that is physically part of a group (for example, a photograph in an album), do you link both the item and the group to the exhibitions module? We are currently struggling with the advantages and disadvantages (It might be confusing to Exhibitions staff if it looks like there is an “extra” object in the exhibition - vs - we want to keep track that both the album and the photo were in the exhibition).

Thanks for your help. Our Exhibitions department recently started using TMS so there will probably be more questions to follow…

Also, thanks to everyone who got back to me about recto/verso objects a couple of weeks ago!

Alexis Lenk

Coordonnatrice, Documentation des collections

Centre Canadien d’Architecture

Montréal, Québec

(514) 939-7000 ext. 1520