Hello all. I was wondering if any of you have statements that precede any manual for TMS, that states the database is not to be duplicated. I have recently discovered that a colleague decided to export all TMS records from the list view and make her own Access database, as a duplication of the TMS database. Her reasoning is that she is more comfortable with Access instead of TMS. Therefore research is being added to her own database, and not into TMS. I also believe she is creating reports for institutional use out of the second database, which will not be updated with the correct TMS information. Efforts have been made in the past to bring her into TMS, but clearly have not worked, but efforts will be continued.
I can not undo what has been done, but would at least like to have some sort of statement that the database is a group effort and duplication is frowned upon.
Has anyone else had this problem? Am I way out of line and her duplication of the database is a good thing?  I frankly never even dreamed this as a possibility and don’t quite know what to do about it.  I’d appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks
Julie Thies
Manager of Collections Information
The Speed Art Museum,  Louisville, KY