The Freer-Sackler is currently undertaking the task of migrating all its Published Reference text data to the Bibliography module. There are some obvious advantages to this, but also a big challenge: formatting in reports and eventually on the web.

We would like to follow the Chicago Manual of Style formats, but with several reference types (book, journal, online publication) and records with 2+ authors and/or publishers, formatting on the fly is looking pretty challenging, not that it can't be done.

I would appreciate hearing  from those of you who have tackled or are anticipating this problem!

Thanks,

- Jeff

Jeffrey Smith
Assistant Registrar for Collections Information
Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
1050 Independence Avenue SW
MRC 707, P.O. Box 37012
Washington, DC 20013-7012

tel: 202-633-0348 / fax: 202-633-9770

Let fortune smile on you!
Join us for the November 21st Good Omens Gala
to celebrate the Year of Iran at the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery and the exhibition

Falnama: The Book of Omens
(October 24, 2009 - January 24, 2010)

For details, go to: http://www.asia.si.edu/events/Gala_Falnama.htm