Interesting. What is it, and what do they do with it? How does what they are doing differ from indexing available in TMS? Is this a day-to-day registrar, curator, art handler user interface or something on the backend, perhaps specifically related to their websites?

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tuck, Emily
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Anyone using Lucene or Lucene/Solr to enhance search?

Greetings:

We just got back from a tour of the Getty and observed that they were using Lucene to index the data in TMS (actually in SQL Server). I was told that Boston MFA did this as well. I’d love to hear from other institutions who have developed their own front end to TMS and employed Lucene or other search engine to make TMS easy and intuitive to search.

Thank you,

Emily

Emily Nedell Tuck

Data Standards Manager