Its tough in New York.  You might try the Washington Square Hotel or
the Franklin (UES) or the Wales (far UES) - or B&B's.  If you can get
something on a subway line you are doing well.  The subways here are
great - even if a tad pricey.  Nothing is cheap in NY.  Good luck!

Suzanne
Suzanne Quigley
art & artifact services, LLC
917 676 9039