Hi David,

Attached you should find what I’ve been using for incoming receipts.  Be warned: I keep tweaking it, so it may not be in optimal shape right now, but it seems to work fine.  There may be a lot of buried junk in there, though, and the formatting could definitely be improved.  Basically, these days I enter incoming information for non-loans in the Object Incoming page of the Objects module.  It’s not perfect, at least not in my usage, but creating loan records for everything (which I did at first as well) was driving me crazy.

As you can see from the report, I use parameters to input some of the information, including the shipper.  (Um, I’m pretty sure I stole that idea from someone on this list—thank you, whoever that was.)  I do have the shipper linked in (as you can see above) to the Object record, but I got lazy when it came time to work out how to do that for the report.  It’s also the case that there are often details that I want to drop into the receipt itself regarding shipping, insurance, etc., that don’t have as natural a place in my TMS workflow.  So this was easier, at least for the time being.

I hope that’s helpful.  It’s still something I’m getting used to myself, and I’d be very happy to hear from others how they’re dealing with incoming/outgoing receipts.

I’d note that I wouldn’t use the outgoing receipt for something in the collection going out for non-loan purposes (offsite treatment, etc.)  Or if I were to do so, I’d make a new copy of the report and adjust it as appropriate.  I’m certainly not going to say that how I’m doing things is the best way (and again, I’d love to hear more from others), but it’s been working so far.  Best wishes—

Joe Leduc

Associate Registrar

Worcester Art Museum

55 Salisbury Street