Hi Chad, Michelle, everyone,

At MoMA, I’ve set up a separate image folder for full-page image reports. All primary images (and others on request) are sized and padded with white to either:

72 dpi, 540x576

150 dpi, 1125x1200

Our weekly process is basically the following:

1.      Query sql for the set of new primary images added during the previous week

2.      Run a copyfile.cmd to extract copies of those images from our TMS images server

3.      Use a combination of Expression Media and Photoshop to resize/pad with white and move to our full-page image folder

The resolution/size is decided based on the size of the original images.

By pointing full-page image reports to this separate folder, everything is perfectly sized on the page.

Jeri

Jeri Moxley

Manager, Collection and Exhibition Technologies

Collection Management and Exhibition Registration

The Museum of Modern Art

11 West 53 Street, New York, NY 10019-5497

Tel. (212) 708-9599 Fax. (212) 333-1102