Hi Stephanie from South Dakota!

Georgia is also hosting the N. H. exhibit in 2012 and we are pretty much in line with Ohio and Kansas. Our scholar is Ann McCleary - a public historian - from the Center for Public History, University of West Georgia- who also worked with us on Key Ingredients. She had conducted roots/musical programs (her Center has produced several CDs on Georgia roots music- in conjunction with some concerts they presented). In addition, we are putting together an advisory board consisting of some folklore people and others with a musical background.

If you want to stay in touch with me - I would love to share some more ideas.

Regards,
Arden

Ms. Arden Williams
Program Officer
Coordinator,"New Harmonies"
Georgia Humanities Council
50 Hurt Plaza, Ste. 595
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: 404-523-6220 ext. 17
Fax: 404-523-5702
http://www.georgiahumanities.org

GHC Presents:
New Harmonies:
Celebrating American
Roots Music
Arriving in GA 2012
from the Smithsonian and
Museum on Main Street
Applicant information will be
on the GHC web site
in June.

GHC will be offering program support grants for :
 September  - Due (postmarked) September 1st
(September grant  requests can be up to $3,000)

The Georgia Humanities Council is the home of
the New Georgia Encyclopedia
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org