Logging object related activity like Press Releases and Merchandise

We use the Events module to track research visits and class use of objects, and any other odd event that involves specific objects.  We had to come up with a naming convention for the events to make them sort how we like, but so far it is working.  It seems this module hasn’t been fleshed out as well as the rest, and some fields don’t work as you would expect them to.  We’re basically putting in event names, dates and a brief description along with a list of objects, and the module works fine for that.

Angela Steinmetz, Head Registrar

Smart Museum of Art

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Debbie McDonnell
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Logging object related activity like Press Releases and Merchandise

Does anyone use TMS to track activities relating to objects in your collection, such as press releases, use in merchandise, use in staff presentations or events?

If so, which module do you use to document such activity? The Bibliography or the Events modules seem the most logical – but would be grateful for any breakdown of which module you use for what.

Many thanks

Debbie

Debbie McDonnell

Documentation Manager

The Art Fund

7 Cromwell Place

London SW7 2JN

DL: 020 7225 4831 (Monday to Thursday until 2:30)

www.artfund.org

Many congratulations to Ulster Museum, winner of the £100,000 Art Fund Prize for museums and galleries 2010.