Hi,

We are preparing to move our collection and have objects stored in thousands of boxes.  These are given separate IDs in the TMS crates table. We are planning to place the boxes on pallets and then want to document the pallet locations as they are moved.

How have other TMS users dealt with pallets and boxes? If we identify a pallet as a container, we cannot record other containers (boxes) on it (TMS does not provide for nested crates). On the other hand, if we treat the pallet as a TMS location, there is no easy way in TMS to accurately record its physical position as it is moved from one place to another.

We see that TMS crates (boxes) can be accessed from Shipping/steps/crating and loading, but the boxes referenced don’t seem to reflect their current content or location in the Objects module.

Will appreciate any help you can provide.

Winnie

Yuk Hoi "Winnie" Yeung, Museum Curator II

Archaeology, History, and Museums Division

California State Parks

1416 9th Street, Room 943A

Sacramento, CA 95814

916-654-4728