Hi and Happy New Year!

I am wondering if any of you have some good tips and creative ideas for recruiting MoMs host sites. We will be bringing Journey Stories to Maryland in 2012. For past MoMs tours we’ve done emails and sent snail mail  to museums, libraries, cultural orgs on our database and used our museum association’s mailing list and I have spoken at the annual regional museum conference, we’ve never had an overwhelming response to a request for applications.

Does anyone have the secret to successful recruiting?  Catchy appeals or promotions?  Has anyone directly recruited specific host sites and, if so, has this been successful?

Thanks for your help.

Jean

Jean Wortman

Program Officer

Coordinator Maryland Center for the Book

Maryland Humanities Council

108 W. Centre Street

Baltimore, MD 21201-4565

(D) 410-685-4187

(0) 410-685-0095

(F)  410-685-0795

Email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

Website: htpp://www.mdhc.org

MHC wants to hear from you! Do you have a transportation story about Baltimore City? Submit your story idea to Beth Barbush at [log in to unmask] or call 410-685-3715, and plan to attend our free event “Moving Stories: Getting Around Baltimore” at the Walters Art Museum February 10, 2011 at 6 p.m. See www.mdhc.org/programs/practicing-democracy/moving-stories-getting-around-baltimore/ for more information.