From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer Day
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Problem deleting terms from thesaurus

Hello,

I am a relatively new TMS user and have recently decided to dive into thesaurus management. For my first task, I am attempting to clean up our very “eccentric” terms, which include many duplicate terms (under Authorities).  I have been trying to delete all links to particular terms so I can delete them from the thesaurus entirely, but several times now I have run into this problem:

When I try to delete the desired term, it tells me the term is in use 1 time. I can delete all but the one link, but I can’t locate the record that is using the term. I have run queries every way I can think of, but I can’t find the offending records. I have looked for archived terms, but can’t find any of those either. Does anyone have ideas about how I could locate these records? Or if there is something I’m not taking into consideration that I should?

Many thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer Day
Registrar, Indian Arts Research Center