Hi Meghan,

      I just wanted to let you know in one of our upcoming releases we
will be making the Venue to Constituent link have a full Constituent
Cross Reference capability.  This will allow you to choose for this
constituent an Alternate Name for the use  as the Venue Display Name.
That is the ultimate solution so any approach you select now will be
short lived.    That may influence your current course of action, so I
just wanted to let you know now.

  Venue mnemonic is a fairly prominent field, for example it shows up in
the tree control to the right in exhibitions and loans, in the dashboard
views at the top of the exhibitions and loans modules, etc.  So if you
are looking for prominence, that field would be a good choice. As you
encounter this scenario you may want to put some type of a flag in the
affected records that you can query on later.  This way when you get the
new release you can easily identify the records  that you will need to
edit.

Thanks

Bob Farrell