Yes and no. I have successfully imported data from an Excel spreadsheet into
TMS 9.35.

These were 200 odd objects comprising a gamelan - and none had existing
records in TMS. Additionally, almost all of the pieces shared similar
attributes (such as maker and context), which made their import easier.

To aid in the import, I created a stored procedure that handled all of the
heavy lifting. I then used the mail merge function in Microsoft Word to
create a list of SQL commands with the values supplied by the spreadsheet,
which I executed in the SQL console. Run some DB Config functions to rebuild
search indexes, update statistics, etc, etc. And Bob's your uncle...

It's not very pretty, but it worked.

~Chad Petrovay
Cultural Heritage Data Solutions | 602.400.7826